In this episode, Kristen and Cameron talk about Cambridge Analytica and how to secure your social media accounts.
7 Steps to Securing Your Social Media Accounts
Step 1: Create a unique password for each account.
Step 2: Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/148233965247823
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/566810106808145
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/two-factor-authentication
Step 3: Change your privacy settings.
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/how-to-make-twitter-private-and-public
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/196883487377501
Step 4: Hide your friends list (Specific to Facebook)
- Facebook (Steps 3 & 4): https://dontclickonthat.com/protect-yourself-from-facebook-cloning-attacks/
Step 5: Unfriend any people that you don’t know.
Step 6: Turn on Login alerts.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/162968940433354?helpref=faq_content
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/account-security-tips
Step 7: Clean out any 3rd party apps that have access to your account (that you are not using)
- Facebook: https://www.howtogeek.com/323641/how-to-remove-third-party-facebook-apps-from-your-account/
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/connect-or-revoke-access-to-third-party-apps
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/230786120405165